HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts Empty
PostSubject: 'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts   'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 11:38 pm

This was fun to read. I'd have liked to be there.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: 'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts   'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:19 am

Fun read but nothing "inconceivable." The commentary on the DVD if memory serves is full of fun facts about the movie.

Commentaries should always be like that. I was watching some movie recently, don't remember which but this is common, where the commentary starts out witty and informative and within a couple of minutes the person got so involved in the movie that she just stopped talking. Went like ten minutes without saying a word.

Last night I watched "The Philadelphia Story" with Hepburn, Grant & Stewart and the commentary was all scripted out, minute by minute minutiae about the film and actors and production process, one of the best commentaries I've ever seen. Almost like Pop Up Videos.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: 'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts   'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 9:59 pm

I'm batching it this week so I've watched a couple movies I never seem to get around to.

Like "Arrival."

and "The Princess Bride."

Fun movie, cleverly done.  Just about anything in the real world can be related back to The Princess Bride.  For instance:

When Wesley first shows up, after everyone thought he was dead, and he begins fighting Inigo Montoya, Montoya asks, "Why do you wear a mask?"

Wesley replies:

"Its really quite comfortable.  I think some day everybody will wear a mask."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts   'The Princess Bride': 10 INCONCEIVABLE facts Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1