Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 1:35 pm

We have wishlists for the politicians. Now we need list of things we see necessary or just beneficial for each of us to do.

I only have two items thus far:

• Renew Passport
  • Clean and oil "souvenirs"
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Almost forgot:

• Buy more Xanax.
  • Buy more Vicodin.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 6:49 pm

_Howard wrote:
Almost forgot:

• Buy more Xanax.
  • Buy more Vicodin.

Big Pharma is already salivating. You should stockpile everything you might need, because by this time next year it will cost a lot more.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Something for Congress to do now - well, early nest year.

The leadership of the parties need to get together and come up with a small bill that they know Cheetoman will veto. Then they override his veto, just to bring him down a notch.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Do Not Poke The Bear.

He has nuclear codes now.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyTue Nov 29, 2016 3:04 pm

Poke the motherfucking bear until he cowers in the corner.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Moving out of California may become necessary if some of the rumored tax changes are implemented.

Rumors of Agent Orange's tax revisions: Across-the-board tax cuts - of course this will be as a percentage, not a dollar amount, so the benefit to 98% of the people will be little or none, but a huge boost for those who don't need it.

To pay for the tax cuts: elimination of deductions.
All of the rumored deductions will hit the middle and working classes hardest. Elimination of the deductions for mortgage interest, residential property tax, and state income tax. This move would have a terrible effect on California's economy. We would see a housing problem in the state reminiscent of the national housing bubble.

Truck Fump! Truck him, I say!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 2:44 pm

_Howard wrote:
To pay for the tax cuts: elimination of deductions.
Not to quibble or anything, but an analysis by the non-partisan Tax Policy Center in 2015 said that Trump's tax cuts would add $24.5 trillion (that's TRILLION, with a T) to the deficit over the next twenty years.

There's no way those tax cuts to the wealthy (and let's not forget, those newly-citizenized corporations) are "paid for."

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 2:50 pm

Of course they won't be paid for. But that will be his justification. We've seen it before.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Meanwhile, let's take the axe to Medicare and Social Security, because rich people don't need them.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 4:34 pm

Yeah! That's the spirit!
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 2:32 pm

Gotta love San Francisco.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Increasingly I find myself disgustedly shaking my head over the failure of MoveOn.org to recognize reality:
Quote :
There is so much to do in the months and years ahead to build a movement that's powerful enough to resist Trump's disastrous agenda, preserve our Constitution and civil liberties, stem attacks on vulnerable communities, and reclaim power. The tasks ahead of us may seem overwhelming … even insurmountable. But by consistently taking one bold action of resistance after another—and never letting up—we can win.

We'll need to demonstrate, object, speak truth to power, join with others, make a ruckus, demand justice, and never stop peacefully fighting and resisting Trump's and the Republican's agenda.

Which is why I'm writing you with one important, simple request:

Will you join MoveOn's peaceful resistance to Trump by signing up as a monthly donor today?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptySat Dec 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Nah, you're just not in agreement with their refusal to roll over and play dead.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:13 pm

Took me a while to find a version of the video that I could watch, but it was worth it.
I like Keith Olbermann, and this was typical of him. I wish I could believe that any of the DT voters listened and took it to heart, but I'm afraid I just can't.

Thanks for posting that.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Olbermann's got the right slant but he's a little too smug. Influencing Trump's supporters? Laughable.

This train wreck will just have to play out in real time, and like he says, Republicans will have to do the dirty deed. That's been complicated by Trump nominating Wall Street and D.C. politics insiders to every cabinet position, making his removal harder. Like George W. Bush, Trump will be a figurehead president with the real power wielded behind the scenes. However, unlike George W. Bush, Trump will not be content to cut ribbons and kiss babies.

And that will be a problem for the real power brokers. He will not go quietly.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Of course, Agent Orange will be nothing more than a figurehead. He has not the first fucking idea of what the job entails, and he has no interest in learning. All he cares about is putting his fat, flaccid face in front of the public and listening to the applause. The horrid selections of cabinet and other executive positions he has made (or were made for him, if we want to be realistic) indicate a forthcoming attempt to destroy every positive move the government has made in the past fifty or more years.

Be sure and order your brown shirts now - they will be in heavy demand.

Things to Do Now Brownshirt2_edited-1
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:02 pm

But let's look at the positive side of things. I heard a physician who responded to the famous Healthiest President Ever report. He said that DT's physical appearance indicates a man in very bad health. Remember that he is the oldest person ever elected to a first term as President. If all goes well, and the gods are with us, he will die soon. I had thought that Pence or Cruz would be worse than DT, but I have changed my position; I don't think there is a politician in the country who would be worse.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:29 pm

It'll be interesting, watching the race over the next 6 months, to see which outcome arrives first: Will Trump crash the economy, by pissing off the Chinese and defaulting on Treasury Bonds, or will the cooler heads in Congress prevail and throw his orange ass out on the street?

Either way, I'll be surprised if he's still in office by July.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 5:41 pm

I have no confidence that the Republican Congress will do anything to stop a Trumpocalypse. If they do, it will be after they have committed all their energy to removing all of the progress made by Democrats in the past several decades. They are colluding with him now to skate past the public view. DT has a news conference scheduled - the first one since July - and the Congress has scheduled the hearings for six or seven of his most contentious appointments on the same day. The idea is that the news broadcasts will all be too busy yammering about his news conference to bother telling the public about the hearings. Coincidence? Yeah, sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Things to Do Now Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things to Do Now   Things to Do Now Empty

Back to top Go down

Things to Do Now
Page 1 of 1