HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Abbott and Costello

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Abbott and Costello Empty
PostSubject: Abbott and Costello   Abbott and Costello EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 7:40 am

TCM is playing a bunch of monster movies leading up to Halloween, including The Mummy with Christopher Lee.  The host mentioned that Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi both played Dracula, but Lugosi only did it twice, once in the 1931 original and again in 1948 for Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.

Made me realize I don't have any A&C movies.  

I have all the Marx Brothers and all the Hitchcock movies, but no A&C.  Granted, they are rather minor comedies (in my opinion) but I still had to go looking for a cheap boxed set.

Man, they did a lot of movies.  In addition to their monster movies, there are two other boxed sets, each containing eight films -- and that's still not everything!  Wikipedia says they did 36 films together between 1940 and 1956.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Abbott and Costello   Abbott and Costello EmptySat Oct 29, 2016 8:21 pm

Had to stop by the local used DVD emporium (Half Price Books) on the way home from the new house, and they had "Africa Screams" (1949), "Jack and the Beanstalk" (1952) and "Buck Privates Come Home" (1947). They're pretty silly but sometimes that's all I'm in the mood for.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Abbott and Costello   Abbott and Costello EmptyMon Oct 31, 2016 11:12 am

"Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein" is the only one of their movies I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbott and Costello   Abbott and Costello Empty

Back to top Go down

Abbott and Costello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Arts & Entertainment-
Jump to: