HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Why I May Vote For Trump

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:57 pm

kilo wrote:
The guy promises huge expenditures on "infrastructure".  
The truth is somewhat less encouraging.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilo

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:54 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
The truth is somewhat less encouraging.

Less encouraging.  More like reaffirming.  

But I still wouldn't be surprised to see a surge in economic activity spurred by deficit spending and irresponsible deregulation. And a lot of crap about it taking a businessman to "get the country moving".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:42 pm

I would be.

Trump may favor stimulus spending, but Paul Ryan's Congress will never approve it.  Not even for him.

I suspect Trump will shoot off his mouth about trade deals and tariffs and tax penalties and import limits, and the result will be instability in the international markets and collapsing sales overseas.  Trump will not be able to coax any companies to come back to the US -- our manufacturing base is gone gone gone, more due to automation than outsourcing.  His plan for a 10% "tax holiday" on companies bringing back cash stashed overseas is laughable.  Pay 0% in the Bahamas or 10% in the US?  Not a hard choice.

Irresponsible deregulation?  Yes, we'll see a lot of environmental safeguards lifted (particularly those implemented by executive order, because Congress wouldn't even consider them) but that won't spur much oil & gas exploration with the prices where they are now.  Timber industry isn't aching to cut down the national forests.  Hydroelectric industry isn't aching to dam more rivers.

His rhetoric  will result in a lot of wind & bluster, but I stand by my prediction that the actual economy, under Trump -- as well as the financial markets, which are less-and-less tied to the actual economy -- both will suffer sustained losses over the next decade under his policies.  I think that's fairly obvious and a safe forecast.

And historically precedented, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:30 pm

Paul Ryan and his minions would gladly pass a huge infrastructure bill - if they are allowed to drastically cut social and medical programs to pay for it.

Quote :
Timber industry isn't aching to cut down the national forests.
Don't bet on it. There's gold in them thar trees.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kilo

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:38 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:35 pm

He hasn't even taken office yet, and it's becoming common knowledge that his administration will be rife with corruption and graft.

Is anybody surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:00 pm

At least the goobers will have to quit complaining about the "intellectual elite" running the show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:45 am

It's become pretty apparent that Trump will not do any of the things he said he would. He also won't break the logjam in Washington. In fact he's made it much, much worse by further polarizing government and the country.

I have a real bad, bad feeling.

McConnell says he wants to pass the tax giveaway by Christmas. I hope he doesn't have the votes.

Mueller will probably deliver at least a preliminary report by March or April, allowing various indictments and censures to work their way into public consciousness by August-September, in time for November elections. Republicans will lose their majorities in November.

Impeachment becomes a possibility in 2019, if Trump doesn't step down first. He will attempt to use his pardon power, but the Democratic congress will block him.

But my bad, bad feelings say this ray of light may not be allowed to shine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

Forget that last post, I hadn’t looked at the maths yet.

Listen. Dave Chapelle has a new Netflix standup comedy special called “Equinamity” and in the course of it, in a round about way, he gets around to saying Donald Trump May Be SO AWFUL that the shit-for-brains that he represents may never again win an election. Trump might be the end of the alt-right, or the end of the Republican party, or the end of “tiki-torch whites” (as he put it).

Seems I may have been right afterall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I May Vote For Trump   

Back to top Go down

Why I May Vote For Trump
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2