HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Delivering a line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Delivering a line Empty
PostSubject: Delivering a line   Delivering a line EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:22 pm

There was a well-received skit on the old sketch-comedy show In Living Color - a spoof of Star Trek, where one of the memorable lines was delivered by Jim Carrey: "Are you out of your Vulcan mind?" (to Spock, of course). This got a big laugh, as the audience translated it to fucking mind.

I was just doing something, with an old Star Trek episode running on cable in the background: Elaan Of Troyius. In the story, Bones spends half the episode searching for an antidote for what's affecting the captain. Near the end, he gets to Spock saying "I think I've found an antidote", but Spock is unmoved, and says he doesn't think the antidote is needed anymore. Bones: "Are you out of your Vulcan mind? Do you know how long I've been working on this?". And nobody laughed.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Delivering a line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delivering a line   Delivering a line EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 4:25 pm

I loved In Living Color. Great program.
Back to top Go down

Delivering a line
Page 1 of 1