HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Fracture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Fracture    Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Friend of mine had some of his very excellent photos printed on glass.  They look stunning hanging in a clear frame.  I'd never seen this done before!

I asked him where he had them done, and it's a place in Florida called Fracture (appropriately?)

www.fractureme.com

I have a couple of really special (to me) photos my dear departed sister took, and one of my own, which I have just ordered.  I think I might be able to build a frame with some low-level LED light behind them, should look fabulous dahling fabulous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Fracture    Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Fracture    Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:46 am

Got my photos last night, and they look REALLY COOL.

But.

Looking closely at them, I don't think they're actually "printed on glass" -- it looks to me like a normal photo blowup (on paper) that is then bonded to the back of a thin sheet of glass. There's a black heavy cardboard (or this wood?) backer behind that, sandwiching the two together, but I can see what appears to be a thin layer of white between that and the glass.

Hence my idea of illuminating the fog picture from the rear probably won't work. Dammit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fracture    

Back to top Go down

Fracture
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Science & Tech-
Jump to: