Bang, Bang. Again.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 12:49 pm

I wonder how they will spin this one. Police accidentally shoot the wrong man.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 pm

It's confusing. Some people say that the cop meant to shoot the mental patient, but missed and got the care-giver instead. Then some people say, no that's not right, he really meant to shoot the (black) care-giver rather than the (white) mental patient. And then there's the testimony of the cop himself, when asked why he shot the care-giver: "I don't know". Not "it was a mistake, I was aiming at the other guy", not "I didn't mean to shoot at all", not "I thought he made a threatening move". Just, he'd been aiming at this black guy for a while, and so he shot him, and he doesn't know why.

That should really be disturbing to almost everybody. What's even more disturbing is that it isn't.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 4:23 pm

The way I read it, the cop says he intended to shoot the white guy, but shot the black guy instead. Must be force of habit.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Black men are a free shot. If your finger itches, it's a solution.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 2:55 pm

This one's a gem, too. There was a role-playing exercise, so they talked some nice little old lady into playing the part of the victim. She really got into it.

Florida police investigate civilian training death
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 3:13 pm

Finally. A police killing that can be blamed on stupidity rather than racism. (Just guessing)
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 1:49 pm

Probably these statistics are garbage. Probably the reality is much worse.

1,900 people died while being arrested in 2015. Two-thirds were intentionally killed.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Quote :
The preliminary results did not break down arrest-related deaths by demographic, though the surveys provided to medical examiners did request that information.
Dollars to donuts some of them were Black.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bang, Bang. Again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bang, Bang. Again.   Bang, Bang. Again. Empty

Back to top Go down

Bang, Bang. Again.
Page 1 of 1