HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV Empty
PostSubject: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 1:22 am

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 10:29 am

Not my idea of a fun time.
Mess with the bull, you get the horn.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Indeed. Gladiator fights are best left in another millennium.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 5:49 pm

At an intellectual level, I understand it. But at an emotional level, it seems brutish, no matter how prettily dressed up.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:04 pm

richard09 wrote:
At an intellectual level, I understand it. But at an emotional level, it seems brutish, no matter how prettily dressed up.
If the bullfighters won 50% of the time, and the bulls 50% of the time, it MIGHT be a sport.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:23 pm

It's not intended to be a sport. It's a sort of loosely-scripted drama. It features a bull, whose role is to demonstrate his great strength and speed by fighting well, but is scripted to eventually die, and a matador, who demonstrates his strength and courage by fighting well and eventually killing the bull. (Plus other characters and roles, but those are the central ones.) It is not gladiatorial, because the dice are loaded - the script does call for the bull to die and the matador to live. But it isn't Hamlet either, because we are talking real death and danger. The actors may or may not walk off the stage.

A lot of people have a problem with the bull (nearly always) dying in the ring, because he isn't asked for his opinion on whether he wants to participate. But I'm not convinced that argument really holds water. The bulls are specially bred for the sole purpose of fighting, so if there were no bull fights, they wouldn't even be born. And bulls are mean critters. I bet most of them would choose to fight, if you could make them understand their options.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV EmptySun Jul 10, 2016 7:27 pm

I know I'm an old sissy but I don't go for blood sports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV   Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Top Spanish bullfighter fatally gored on live TV
Page 1 of 1