HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels Empty
PostSubject: Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels   Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:27 pm

This story is actually kind of old, but I don't remember seeing it at the time. I was kind of distracted towards the end of last year, what with people dying and almost dying and all that, so I must have missed it. But a bunch of hotels being infected for 6-8 months sounds like (potentially) a pretty big deal. Was everybody too distracted talking about Trump?

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels   Malware caught checking out credit cards in 54 luxury hotels EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 4:32 pm

It seems that the number of occurrences of credit card data being stolen is increasing. One would think that those in charge would have taken great pains to protect the data, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It can be done, if the businesses want to take the time and expense required. But if they think that doing what is required will cut their bottom line a fraction of a percent, they won't bother. Yay, capitalism!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1