HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is the sorry truth...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

This is the sorry truth... Empty
PostSubject: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:11 pm

This is the sorry truth... Balcony_zps465c2615
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:14 pm

That's very good - and accurate.
That's also the way fathers see it. Well, not quite - fathers see it as the kid already halfway to the ground.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Unless you're Michael Jackson.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Laughing Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm

Razz Yup.
Oh, it freaks me out. And have you seen these places that want to have glass in the floor- oh my goodness I feel shaky just looking at pics of them.
I am not a fan of heights.
When we first moved in here I didn't like cleaning the windows in our bedroom because this is the first 2-story I have ever lived in and it freaked me out. I've since gotten better about it, but I don't know what I'd do if I lived way up in an apartment building.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:00 pm

I don't mind heights if I've got somewhere firm to stand. But if it's a bit wobbly, I'm done. I can't deal with ladders at all.

For about 8-9 months back in the 80s, I worked on the 60th floor of the World Trade Center. The windows in the office were very narrow, so it was hard to get a really good view unless you went and pressed your nose to the glass. Of course, if you did that, you could look pretty much straight down, and see the tiny little cars and the ant-sized people on the street.

Stepping into the stairwell was also cool. It was much quieter there so you could clearly hear the creaking as the tower swayed in the wind - like being on a sailing ship.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Mrs. NoCo works in a bigass skyscraper and I have never liked those things. I've been up in the Space Needle several times and it always makes me uncomfortable. I have a documentary on modernization in China and one of the workers profiled works as a windowwasher, way up high on a little bitty platform. Just watching it on TV gives me loose bowels.
This is the sorry truth... 20

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:37 pm

I could work in one but I couldn't ever go near the windows.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the sorry truth...   This is the sorry truth... Empty

Back to top Go down

This is the sorry truth...
Page 1 of 1