HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bones

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bones            Empty
PostSubject: Bones    Bones            EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 5:44 pm

I don't really understand the incredible drive to identify the remains of fallen soldiers or kidnap victims. I mean, bones and tissue can be DNA-typed these days and sometimes a match is made, but so what? It doesn't bring anybody back.

I guess if it were an unsolved crime it might lend closure to families wondering if their loved one might still be alive. But in war? Seems like a pretty big waste of time to me.

The brother of a slain soldier in this story says "it's good to have him home again" but it's not him. It's a coffin full of bones.

I felt the same way about my mother's and father's ashes. It wasn't them. It was just ashes.

I told my wife she can have the crematorium just dispose of my ashes when I'm gone.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Bones            Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bones    Bones            EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 10:28 am

Got a solicitation in the mail last night from Evergreen-Washelli, the area's biggest cemetery. They're offering a free Amazon gift card (denomination unspecified) if you fill out an 18-question "survey."

Sample questions:
Quote :
6) How important are the following factors, when selecting a cemetery?
___ Reputation ___Location ___Price ___Eye Appeal & Facilities ___The Staff

9) Do you own cemetery property? ( )Yes ( )No

13) In the event of your death, who is responsible for making your final arrangements?
( ) Spouse ( ) Children ( ) Family Member ( ) Friend

14) Does this person know your preferences including type of casket, music, flowers and services? ( )Yes ( )No

17) Are you aware that flexible payment plans are often available for pre-arranged funeral, cremation and burial plans? ( )Yes ( )No
I'm afraid my answers would be disappointing to Washelli.
Back to top Go down

Bones
Page 1 of 1