HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Ambiguity is Ridley Scott's paintbrush. He's savvy enough to know that a little controversy helps sell the film.

But I still think there's an argument to be made either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:30 pm

Yes, one may take either side of the argument. After all, it's about ambiguous points in a fictional movie about make-believe entities.

I think Ridley Scott is a great director (my favorite British director). Who else could have given us Aliens, Blade Runner, and the Macintosh commercial?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:05 pm

Prometheus sucked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:20 am

Somebody said, “Blade Runner 2049 is what America will look like after three more years of Trump.”

Oh wait. That was me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:39 am

Except the special effects will suck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:42 am

Tom Reynolds wrote:
No, Deckard couldn't have been a Nexus-7.  He had already had a stellar career in the LAPD, and his retirement from blade running actually pre-dates the introduction of the Nexus-6 model.  That's made clear in the movie, because Bryant has to brief Deckard on what a Nexus-6 is, and why this model is so much more dangerous than anything either of them had dealt with before.  So if Deckard pre-dates the Nexus-6 (and it is indisputable that he does) then he can't himself be a Nexus-7 replicant.
Some people just can’t deal with the idea of implanted memories.

Last edited by _Howard on Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed quote)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:07 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
If one really wants to dissect the movie, there are a couple hundred plot holes / illogical leaps / bad-writing-threads showing.  But despite that, easily one of my favorite movies ever.
At least 122 anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 am

I did not realize, until I read it in Christopher Milne's book today, that a British soldier tasked with engineering tasks -- building or blowing up bridges, laying roads, airfield repair, etc. -- is called a sapper.

That's where the name Sapper Morton came from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:45 pm

It had a somewhat different meaning in my day. Or should I say, in my war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Being?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:59 pm

BR2049 comes out on Blu-ray January 19.

I have already pre-ordered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:57 pm

That's it, actors are officially an extinct species.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:29 pm

Received the BRD of BR2049 in today’s mail, watching the various extras on the disc now. I think I may have an orgasm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 am

The sound design (on headphones) is just as layered and rich as the visual design.

On a disc you can stop and read all the signage, examine pens on the desk, stop street scenes and examine the backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:06 am

I finally watched the movie last night.

First thing is that I agree with Ridley Scott: “It was fucking way too long." They could have removed an hour of the flick and it would have been better. Actually, they could have removed two hours and forty-four minutes and it would have been much better.

As with all sequels, I expected to be disappointed, but I didn't expect anything this awful. I found nothing at all praiseworthy in the movie. It was slow and boring. It lacked an interesting story. Just a pitiful excuse for a movie.

NoCo wrote:
It’s a given in this movie that Deckard is a replicant.
I disagree. I saw nothing in the movie to indicate that.

NoCo wrote:
...he explains “They were hunting us.”
Of course they were hunting them. Rachael was a replicant and Deckard was supposed to destroy her. I don't believe it is mentioned in the first movie, but in the book there are laws against humans and replicants having sexual relations. although the enforcement is lax on the outer planets.

All in all, it was a major disappointment.

I will continue to read the book from time to time, and watch the original movie on occasion, but this will be my only viewing of 2049.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Too bad.

It takes a couple few viewings to tease out all the depth and subtle meanings. Oh well, pearls before swine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm

I don't know that there is any depth or any subtle meanings in this flick. But I know what you mean about multiple viewings of movies. It's my opinion that you notice a lot more small things in movies when you are not running the "what's going to happen?" routine in your brain. And that what were previously just small items take on more meaning when you know how they tie in with the plot's resolution.

As for the pearls and pigs remark, I will consider it as something other than one of your typical snarky remarks   when you post a picture of your validated "Universal Arbiter of Taste" document.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:41 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Looks a lot like my aunt - or uncle: we were never really sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 pm

_Howard wrote:
As for the pearls and pigs remark, I will consider it as something other than one of your typical snarky remarks when you post a picture of your validated "Universal Arbiter of Taste" document.
Closest I could find.
Quote :
Upon completing the 35 hour course and passing the final tasting panel tests, participants receive a Certificate of Physiological Suitability for tasting, and are eligible to register with the National List of Technicians and Experts in extra virgin and virgin olive oils.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It   

Back to top Go down

Blade Runner 2 Adds Robin Wright in Flagrant Bid to Make Me Consider Seeing It
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3