HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders Empty
PostSubject: I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders   I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:11 am

This morning in the shower I gave a great speech, in my head.

Diane Sawyer asked me, "Why Bernie Sanders, why now?"

I replied:
NoCoPilot wrote:
Ordinarily, I would JUMP at the chance to elect our nation's first woman president. Especially if her election could follow our nation's first black president. This would send a clear message to the world, to our nation, to women everywhere that everything is possible, girls can do anything boys can do, the dreams can come true.

However this year is an embarrassment of riches. In addition to Hillary, we ALSO have Bernie Sanders.

Bernie Sanders has been preaching the same sermon for thirty years. He's the real deal. He's a populist, a fighter for the middle class -- and he has been since his first elective office. He has principles, and morals, and inviolable stances. He is not afraid to stand up for what he believes, even if his views are unpopular.

When the Bush administration was putting out misleading intel about Iraq, trying to drum up support for his invasion, Bernie was one of the few who saw through the bullshit and voted against the Iraq War Resolution. He was not afraid to stand up to his Commander-In-Chief when it was clear he was wrong. And it was clear to many, many of us.

Hillary Clinton voted in favor of it.

The Bill of Rights, the Constitution are not documents we live by only in good times. We cannot, as Dick Cheney did, throw them out the window at will. We need principled leadership, we need leaders who believe in the founding principles of this country. Leaders who stand for something beyond the next election, beyond the political expediency of the moment.

Hillary is a pragmatist. She's a negotiator, a compromiser. She is adept at the art of the deal.

She'd be great as a Senator, or Secretary of State.

But for the highest job in the land, for the "leader of the free world"? We need someone who knows what's right, who always does what's right, who is willing to stand up for what America believes in, no matter what the situation. Someone to define America to the world, someone everyone can look up to as the best of what we can be. A leader, not a follower.

I can't believe I'm voting for an old white guy to follow Obama instead of a woman or another person of color, but our nation needs Bernie, and we need him now.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders   I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 10:22 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:
The CEO of Goldman Sachs, Lloyd Blankfein, said yesterday our campaign represents a dangerous moment, "not just for Wall Street, but for anyone who is a little bit out of line."

I have to say, I find it a little beyond comprehension that Lloyd Blankfein would lecture our campaign about "dangerous moments" after Wall Street received huge bailouts from the working families of this country, when their greed and recklessness caused millions of Americans to lose their jobs, livelihoods, and homes just a few years ago. His arrogance has no end.
Back to top Go down

I Am Interviewed on National TV For Bernie Sanders
Page 1 of 1