HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Medical research unethical?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Medical research unethical? Empty
PostSubject: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 7:21 am

The complaint makes this sound very bad. On the other hand, that's what complaints do.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 9:08 am

If the facts are accurate this study is as bad as the Tuskegee syphilis study.

I would have my doubts if that 2nd wasn't fully documented.
Back to top Go down
keithprosser3

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 am

It's hard to believe a parent would sign a honestly-worded consent form.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 1:07 pm

I never have thought much of doctors and medical people. They are necessary evils I suppose because while they do have skills to heal, so often they are so cold and so pathological that they don't really care what they do to people. It's just a body to cut on to them. I think the tendency to use animals in experiments helps too. Just as serial killers practice on animals first so do researchers- it helps to desensitize them to people. They think an awful lot of themselves too. All of it mixes to create people with ethics we'd not share.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptyFri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm

I think you're painting with an awfully broad brush Jenni. I work at a hospital -- as does Lisa too I think? -- and most of the people I work with are very close to saints (and I mean that sincerely).
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? EmptySat May 04, 2013 9:39 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
I think you're painting with an awfully broad brush Jenni. I work at a hospital -- as does Lisa too I think? -- and most of the people I work with are very close to saints (and I mean that sincerely).
I may be. My experience has not been good and yet I've had enough of them to have experience with many types. I was very sick as a child and have numerous issues now and in all my time I have met only one kind nurse other than Clancy. I actually had one nurse who chose not to use numbing stuff to put an IV in once. Chose. WTF kind of person does that? No, there was no medical issue to prevent it, as the next nurse explained, it's a personal preference. And then there are the researchers and surgeons. I do think they are basically psychopaths. I'm open to meeting one who isn't, but I have yet to. Those comments don't cover people like nurses- which probably have a lot more variations, and people who go into things like pediatrics where they aren't researching but practicing. I expect that lots more about mistakes than evilness. Let's them off the hook a little in my book. Though I still think they shirk their duties by not spreading more truth. But that's an argument that could be made of a lot of people. I think doctors do have a god complex. I think they frequently blow people like me off and they frequently overestimate their own skills and it's water off a ducks back to them when they fuck up. Surgeon never said word one about my grandma might lose control of her lower body after back surgery. Reactions to anesthetic were discussed. Now, she wears diapers. Never had to before. What's it to him? Not a damn thing. Next patient please. I never had had a solid answer for what's wrong with me. Fibro, lupus, they don't fucking know but they know they can't help me unless I pay for their summer home. When Ben deals with them they are supreme assholes. Doctors are the first ones to want a deal and the first ones to make shit up to get a freebie. No matter how luxury and expensive the car is. Never mind they make MANY times what Ben does, they want a deal. Do I negotiate with them when I go? I'd be laughed out of the office. Yet, which one takes longer- my appointment or their windshield installation? Which one takes more out of the worker performing it?

I'm open to positive experiences. But they don't occur. You say I'm painting with a broad brush, but perhaps it is you who has been lucky. When I discuss my experiences with friends most of them nod. Theirs are similar. I have one friend who will argue with me, as you do, but she's training to be a nurse. And that's the breakdown I see. Those of us who do not profit from the medical community don't have as positive a view as those of you involved in it. Perhaps part of this is that those of you who are involved get spoken to as though you are adults and not three year olds and therefore you get heard as well. Most of us don't ever feel like the doctors we deal with really hear us or get it, it's like they are just going through a checklist. We also don't get told things, such as that really unnecessarily expensive antibiotic that doc is writing also happens to be the one the rep who just took the doc to lunch was selling. A lot of us feel that too, that there's a lot of back scratching going on in the medical world. It feels very mobbish in a lot of ways. (Such as how the hospitals around here are ganging up and not processing the abortion clinic doc's requests for privileges.) And then there's power I don't think they ought to have, such as over the prescription pad and telling women shit like abortions will make you sterile and give you cancer. I think doctors ought to be a leading voice in the abortion battle and the battle for universal healthcare- that would be an excellent way to prove me wrong. And yet, like moderate muslims, I just don't see the outcry. They don't even police themselves well. I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medical research unethical?   Medical research unethical? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1