HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stockholm God

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

The Stockholm God Empty
PostSubject: The Stockholm God   The Stockholm God EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 4:31 am

Whenever there's a disaster on TV the people talk about praying for the victims or praying for themselves or talking about a merciful god. People seem to turn to religion in trying times, and look to their imaginary friend for help and/or comfort.

Seeing as how it is this same imaginary friend who has just flooded their town or shot up the movie theater or given the little girl leukemia, it strikes me as obtuse to pray to that same cruel motherfucker for relief.

Then I realized what this is. These are the classic symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome, where victims of cruelty come to cling to their oppressor. Something in human nature, some pack behavior, makes us vulnerable to being sold into slavery. We accept authority and bow down in allegiance even when horribly mistreated. One or two slavemasters can oversee a hundred slaves, because the slaves have no will to rebel.

It's a flaw in human nature that religion cruelly exploits.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

The Stockholm God Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stockholm God   The Stockholm God EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:07 am

I think that a lot of christians (especially the American "fundamentalists") are really Manicheans. They just don't know it.
Back to top Go down

The Stockholm God
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Religion. Or Not.-
Jump to: