HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Democratic Debate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Democratic Debate Empty
PostSubject: Democratic Debate   Democratic Debate EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 2:39 pm

What, nobody's going to comment?

I missed I guess the first half -- I was expecting the major stations to carry it, didn't realize CNN had an exclusive -- but when I tuned in I kept yelling at Anderson Cooper to cut off the candidates who gave stump speeches instead of answering his questions.  His questions were really good.  He should have had a buzzer, and said: "Stop.  That's not what I asked.  Try again, or yield your time."

Nevertheless, I thought O'Malley gave a particularly good account of himself -- not that it'll matter, without any money.  Webb and Chafee obviously had no place on the dais.

Between Clinton and Sanders, I thought Sanders was more passionate, more truthful, and although his message is not honey to many peoples' ears, he has a lot more agenda than Clinton.  Clinton came off like the seasoned politician (and ex-lawyer) that she is, smoothly emitting platitudes in response to hard questions and putting on the "ah shucks" routine when anybody pressed her.

I came away hoping Sanders would pick O'Malley as his running mate, if he can't get Warren.  But also thinking, if Hillary DOES win the nomination, she'd be alright too.

It remains a question in my mind whether she's electable though.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Democratic Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Democratic Debate   Democratic Debate EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:09 pm

I watched the first half of it. The one thing that really stood out to me was the fact that when Sanders was talking, he was a speaking as a person; all the others were speaking as polished politicians with slime just dripping off their chins. Sanders not only had the passion, he also had the best, most-honest answers.

O'Malley made me want to gag. I quickly tired of hearing him say, "That's just what I did when I was governor." Never mentioning what he would do as president. Complete fucking loser, as far as I am concerned.

Webb needed to take the stick out of his ass and Chafee was a joke.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

Democratic Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Democratic Debate   Democratic Debate EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:19 pm

I didn't watch the debate (any debate, it's the most boring form of "entertainment" I can imagine).

I would say that Howard's opinion of Bernie is accurate. From everything I've seen by him and about him, it's not just that he's saying what most Americans believe and want their politicians to do. It's that he's been saying basically the same stuff for the last 50 years, and he really means it. It isn't some campaign act. That's really impressive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Democratic Debate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Democratic Debate   Democratic Debate Empty

Back to top Go down

Democratic Debate
Page 1 of 1