HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision Empty
PostSubject: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 5:34 pm

It will be interesting to see if he can pull this off.

How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision Empty
PostSubject: Re: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 5:26 am

"Sex with an alien species" is not completely unprecedented on TV. My favorite sci-if series "Alien Nation" dealt with it.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 9:53 am

Alien Nation was getting there, but got cancelled just when things were getting interesting. Star Trek went there, but in a very 60s TV stupid and censored style (even in the 90s). Babylon 5 almost went there, but basically chickened out.

A lot depends on whether he can sell the series as targeted for adults.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:33 pm

I've never heard of the book or the author, so can't comment on them, but the story-line of inter-species breeding is just too far from reality for me. I like sci-fi that tries to stick to things that don't violate the laws of physics or biology. But that is much harder to write.

But I will certainly give the show a peep when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 3:44 pm

Octavia Butler was very well-known and liked. I've only read one or two things by her (and not Dawn, the book they are talking about), but I wouldn't assume that the story is silly. She was pretty smart, as well as being a good writer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision   How The TV Show of Octavia Butler's Dawn Will Stay True to Her Incredible Vision Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1