HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Self Promotion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Self Promotion Empty
PostSubject: Self Promotion   Self Promotion EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:54 pm

I was just looking up "film producer" Ron Ford who I linked in the Robot Hut thread. I'd never heard of him. Turns out he's been in dozens of independent and self-produced films, big enough to be listed on IMDB but apparently not big enough to have actually played anywhere.

That reminded me of Sam Longoria, who I went to high school with (www.samlongoria.com). He also has done lots and lots of stuff ... As a hanger-on and assistant type person. Has photos of himself with people I've heard of.

The book I'm reading has chapters on life extension therapies and start-your-own-country movements, both of which seem to be filled with people who have huge dreams and egos with tiny budgets and accomplishments.

Reminds me of a guy I did some Cisco training with, he was all excited to tell me about the state-of-the-art datacenter he was building. He offered to take me out to the job site.

Turned out it was just a vacant lot. He hadn't bought it yet -- no money -- or gotten any farther on his datacenter than just thinking about it. No investors, no clients, not even a blueprint.

The world is full of dreamers with big ideas.
Back to top Go down

Self Promotion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Just For Fun-
Jump to: