HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Krautrock anybody?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Krautrock anybody? Empty
PostSubject: Krautrock anybody?   Krautrock anybody? EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:09 am

I'd never heard of Krautrock. It's... different. Easy to dismiss, certainly overlooked at the time. Perhaps worthy of more attention. Drugs recommended.

Faust
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Krautrock anybody? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krautrock anybody?   Krautrock anybody? EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:35 am

I am, or was, a HUGE fan of Krautrock.  I have all of Faust (up until the last couple of years at least), and Amon Duul II, Amon Duul I, Agitation Free, Harmonia, Cluster, Kluster, Conrad Schnitzler,  Neu!,Kraftwerk, have some Can and Embryo and Lilienthal and Michael Rother and Ash Ra Tempel and Popol Vuh.  I used to have (and sold) alot of other albums.  I have the two books which are considered the bibles of Krautrock, Julian Cope's and The Cosmic Egg.

In short, I can probably supply anything you need in terms of music or answers.

Faust is probably not the best example of Krautrock. It was so out there, so iconoclastic that nobody else ever sounded anything like them. There are a few similarities with other Krautrock bands -- which after all is an after-the-fact marketing designation -- but Faust was and always will remain a universe unto themselves.
Back to top Go down

Krautrock anybody?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Topics :: Arts & Entertainment-
Jump to: