HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: For The Bible Tells Me So

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: For The Bible Tells Me So Empty
PostSubject: Movie: For The Bible Tells Me So   Movie: For The Bible Tells Me So EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 9:10 am

A 2007 documentary on the 20th Century practice of evangelical Christians quoting the bible to condemn homosexuality.

Documents how other eras viewed homosexuality, and how mostly earlier eras tolerated if not embraced homosexuality.  How biblical literacy is a recent invention, but so-called literalists pick and choose which passages they ignore and which they decide to follow.  And they make no attempt to allow for context of when the bible was written, or the numerous (and faulty) translations it's gone through.

Profiles a half dozen devout families, including Dick Gebhardt's, who found they had a gay child and had to reconcile their faith with their love of their child.

Moving and profound.

And very, very similar to the 2001 movie "Trembling Before G-d" about Orthodox Jews and homosexuality.  In both cases, abandoning the faith in an errant religion is never discussed.
Back to top Go down

Movie: For The Bible Tells Me So
Page 1 of 1