HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heated Body Pillow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Do you think anyone makes a body pillow filled with heated water?  I can't find one.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptyFri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 pm

I'm still looking. Seems like a natural to me but damned if I can find one.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/perfect-fit-electric-heated-body-pillow?a=601517

I have a foot warmer to which I added a drugstore heating pad and it works gangbusters. I use it all the freaking time in the winter.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 12:50 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:
I have a foot warmer to which I added a drugstore heating pad and it works gangbusters.  I use it all the freaking time in the winter.  

Two words: Shoes!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:17 pm

_Howard wrote:
Two words: Shoes!
How many words?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:47 pm

How many feet?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jan 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Only a few inches.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 9:49 pm

In addition to the heated body pillow -- which I still haven't been able to find -- I'm now on the search for a heated foot rest. I have the foot cozy to which I added a heating pad, but in my new house I have a HUGE desk with way too much room underneath it. I need some place to put my feet, like an elevated adjustable foot rest -- and it would make sense for it to have a warming capability too.

SOMEBODY's got to have made such a beast.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 9:56 pm

Yes yes yes.
Heated Body Pillow 27c7485a-f167-4eaf-9ab3-ac2a00db9a33_1000
Ordered
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 3:34 pm

A friend of mine got a heated foot rest many years ago (had a very cold floor in his downstairs office), and thinks it is one of the wonders of the modern world.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptySun Jul 09, 2017 5:37 pm

I hope so. Smile That, and the squirty toilet Wink
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptyFri Aug 25, 2017 8:06 am

Well apparently I never completed the order for my footrest in July because I noticed last week it had never come. So I reordered and picked it up earlier this week. It's quite nice, must say. It operates at a pretty low wattage so it doesn't get hot but only warm, and as such it's comfortable to rest your feet on for long periods. I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time on it this winter.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 7:40 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
I suspect I'll be spending a lot of time on it this winter.
So far, all day every day. It's one of my best investments ever.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 8:49 am

NoCoPilot wrote:
In addition to the heated body pillow -- which I still haven't been able to find --
This winter I pulled out of storage something I had bought several years ago, a heated mattress pad for your tootsies.  I used to have a full-mattress heated underpad.  Combined with an electric blanket, it made climbing into bed like entering a pizza oven.  Mrs NoCo didn't like it.  She likes warming up the bed under her own power, for some reason -- even when the bedroom's in the 40s (which it can get in the winter, when we use the fireplace to heat the living room and the bedroom door is closed to keep the cat out because she's incontinent... but that's another story).

Anyway, this mattress pad is six feet long but only about 30" wide.  It's designed to be placed along the bottom of the mattress, under the fitted sheet, to provide subtle heat to your toes.  It never gets warm to the touch, just warms up a few degrees above ambient.

Mrs NoCo didn't like that either.

But this winter I pulled it out of storage and have been using it turned sideways, to heat my side of the bed only. Brilliant!  I like it.

But until yesterday I never added two and two.

It suddenly occurred to me -- because I'm not very bright -- that I could WRAP my four-foot body pillow in this six-foot heating pad, covering most of both sides, and stuff the whole business inside the double-length pillow case it came with.  Voila, heated body pillow.

It works.  I wish it got a little hotter though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Heated Body Pillow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heated Body Pillow   Heated Body Pillow Empty

Back to top Go down

Heated Body Pillow
Page 1 of 1