HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas Empty
PostSubject: Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas   Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:52 am

Just watched a great 2010 documentary on the Star Wars phenomena: the extreme adulation after the first few films, people dressing up for the premieres, people creating fan films after the big break between 6 and 1, on the fans' reaction to 1-3 and Jar Jar Binks (WTF), how fan films turned to fan parodies, and then when George released the altered first trilogy how fans said "I grew up sleeping in Star Wars sheets for this???"

Excerpts from dozens of fan films, including live actors, claymation, Legos, cardboard cutouts, cartoons, pencil drawings, kid actor, animal actors, characters made of fruit or cereal, gay Star Wars, black Star Wars, female Star Wars, you name it. Interviews with dozens of fans, filmmakers, writers, critics, actors, producers, archival footage of Lucas on late night talk shows, shots of fan conventions, musical groups inspired by the cantina scene, Gawd this this had a ton of sources.

Apropos with the new film coming out.

Will it suck? Perhaps more realistically, How badly will it suck?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas   Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 12:45 pm

The last three Star Wars movies were unimaginably bad. It seems unbelievable that they were in any way connected to Star Wars, the movie which gave us the word, "blockbuster." The revisions made to the first three movies - as well as to the re-release of "ET" in which the guns in the government agents' hands were replaced by cell phones - show just how much computer graphics can destroy movie making. Jar Jar Binks? Give me a fucking break. If I wanted to watch cartoons, I would watch the Road Runner. It's much more entertaining and possibly a little more cerebral than Lucas' latest offerings.

Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas   Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:43 pm

One of my earliest tv memories was I was on the couch. My mom's 70's sofa that had this weird fabric with a nap that was soft one way and prickled another. It was hard to be hot on that couch, it would feel very prickly. It was night and I was being allowed to stay up late to watch Star Wars. I had begged to, and mom argued with dad over it and he went to bed so he didn't bother me for a while. I watched Star Wars mostly standing up in my pink Barbie gown in front of the Zenith we had on a tv table with wheels. Occasionally I sat down, but mostly I stood there watching the whole thing. I was hooked. I wanted to be a pilot. I wanted to pilot the Millennium Falcon. Pilots had to have good grades, so it drove me for a while. I was convinced we'd have a Millenuim Falcon by the time I grew up and was allowed to pilot aircraft. (I was an only child and thus smart and alone so I had a lot of time to think shit out, I had plans, yo. lol) I was crushed as Christmas after Christmas went by and I was given only a few figures and a metric shit-ton of Barbie shit. My mom wanted a girly-girl. I literally went as Darth Vader for Halloween one year and she bought me the pink Darth Vader. My tomboyishness was never respected. To this day I have a shirt with Chewbacca on it that says "My copilot is a Wookie". I love Star Wars and after seeing the new three, Lucas can kiss my fat dimpled white ass. That was some bull shit.
Bull shit.
And Jar Jar binks better be a bad joke. Seriously. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas   Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: The People Vs. George Lucas
Page 1 of 1