HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone   Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone EmptySat May 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Not good news.

Quote :
The California Department of Water Resources reported Friday that mountain snowpack across the state was 0 percent of normal for May 29. That means that even before summer begins, there will essentially be no more of the crucial mountain snowmelt that California relies on to replenish the streams, rivers, and reservoirs that supply water to cities and farms.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone   Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:47 pm

No. It's not good news, but neither was it a surprise. We may be good and fucked out here. Maybe we'll move to Brooklyn; my daughter lives there. And there's a coffee shop that serves my favorite espresso blend.

What really pisses me off is the remarks made and the attitude displayed by some people in non-western states. It's as if they were taking some perverse pleasure out of our situation. I hope they continue to smirk when food prices skyrocket.

Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone   Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:22 pm

I understand. People just don't realize where their food comes from, and it ain't New Jersey.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone   Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 11:20 am

That's for sure. Agriculture is less than two percent of the California economy. Maybe we should let some of the states in "Real America" carry the load for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone   Apocalypse Soon: California’s Snowpack Is Gone Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1