HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book: Sometimes a Great Notion

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Book: Sometimes a Great Notion Empty
PostSubject: Book: Sometimes a Great Notion   Book: Sometimes a Great Notion EmptyFri May 22, 2015 11:55 am

In my drive to read all the GANs I was looking for a pre-read copy of Kesey's other famous novel. Some descriptions have it better than OFOTCN. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Book: Sometimes a Great Notion   Book: Sometimes a Great Notion EmptyFri May 22, 2015 12:06 pm

I'd forgotten about that one. It's been close to forty years since I read it. Thanks for bringing it up; I'm going to read that one again. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Book: Sometimes a Great Notion   Book: Sometimes a Great Notion EmptyFri May 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Bookstore also had a copy of Kesey's "Further Inquiries" about his 1964 cross-country trip aboard the bus Further. I thought I wanted this, until I thumbed through it. Changed my mind.

I'd already edited the wiki page on "Further (bus)" last week, to correct some misinformation and include what I'd learned from the "Magic Trip" movie, so the book would have had to supply new information. It didn't.

Couple days ago I received "Kesey's Jail Journal" in the mail, his kaleidoscopic notes on his incarceration in 1965 for pot. That was a fun purchase, although it's fairly short because the majority of his notebooks were confiscated and destroyed before Mountain Girl could smuggle them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book: Sometimes a Great Notion   Book: Sometimes a Great Notion Empty

Back to top Go down

Book: Sometimes a Great Notion
Page 1 of 1