HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain Empty
PostSubject: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySat May 02, 2015 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:24 am

Why does this make you go "Hmmm" Richard?  Seems like a laudable ambition to me.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:43 am

Yeah. What's the concern? Here's a Lynx rufus catching some sun about twenty feet from my front door. No problem.

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain P11600132_zps74236f2d

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain P11600112
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 1:43 pm

OK... if you say so.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:15 pm

Am I reading something into your post, Richard? Maybe doubt or derision?
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Doubt, definitely doubt. But I'm scared of lots of things, so adding a few large predators shouldn't be that big a deal, really.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain EmptySun May 03, 2015 5:04 pm

I think we all have much more reason to fear our fellow humans than we do to fear wild animals.
I live out here with bobcats (Lynx rufus californicus), coyotes, mountain lions, rattle snakes and bears. All of my problems are caused by homo sapiens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain   Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain Empty

Back to top Go down

Make way for the lynx and the bear as ‘rewilding’ projects gather pace across Britain
Page 1 of 1