HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Christian Megachurch in Foreclosure After Preacher Paid Himself Millions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
richard09

PostSubject: Christian Megachurch in Foreclosure After Preacher Paid Himself Millions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:07 pm

I didn't know whether to post this here or under "just for fun". It is funny to see the christian sheep getting shorn, but there is a serious side too: this sort of crap points up why the tax exemptions for churches need to go.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenni
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christian Megachurch in Foreclosure After Preacher Paid Himself Millions   Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:36 pm

It does suck. So many are having it so hard and the church owns so much property. But it's been a long term problem, Grant was arguing for it in the 1800's. I don't get it, the church has become so obviously politicized that they need to be taxed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Christian Megachurch in Foreclosure After Preacher Paid Himself Millions   Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:21 pm

If the government is going to grant tax-exemption status to churches, then they should do so for all social organizations. I can hardly wait to see how they act on the non-tax application submitted by the Hells Angels or the Bandidos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Megachurch in Foreclosure After Preacher Paid Himself Millions   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1