HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Lucy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Lucy Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Lucy   Movie: Lucy EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 9:31 am

I was bored last night, Netflix wasn't working due to two consecutive power outages, and I wasn't in the mood to reset all my routers and switches AGAIN... so I watched this movie on Comcast PPV.

I like Scarlett Johansson, she is usually an intelligent and nuanced actor.  I like Morgan Freeman too.  And I was in the mood for some mindless entertainment.

But I can't recommend it.  The film went off the rails about one-third of the way through, and became more and more of a train wreck from there on.  The drug she accidentally ingests supposedly increases her brain power (shades of "Flowers for Algernon") which -- unaccountably -- allows her to violate the laws of physics.  From that point forward the CGI takes over.  Logic and science and narrative storytelling go out the window in the service of cool computer graphics, which were mildly interesting but not mind-blowing -- which to my way of thinking is the only reason to resort to CGI.

YMMV
Back to top Go down

Movie: Lucy
Page 1 of 1