HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie: Atari: Game Over

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Movie: Atari: Game Over Empty
PostSubject: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 7:09 pm

The rather humorous and lighthearted story of an excavation, in Almagordo NM in April 2014, of the reported last resting place of a bunch of Atari's video games.  The industry collapsed rather precipitously with the advent of computers, and the company disposed of millions of unsold games in a landfill.

People came out to watch the backhoes work.  The developer of one of the games came out to watch.  Nolan Bushnell was interviewed for the film.  The president of Warner Brothers was interviewed for the film.

And yes, they found some games.  Not the millions they hoped for, but a few hundred.

I was not / am not a gamer so it doesn't mean much to me, but the documentary was fun.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:16 pm

Caught this on television last night. One long bore. I had never heard of the so-called legend of the ET game, so had no interest in the inane search for them.

I did enjoy the first two minutes, however. I had never seen Alamogordo and it is a really desolate place. In 1967, I was hired to maintain the instrumentation on the rocket sled at White Sands, but decided not to go. From the looks of the place, it was a good idea. Of course, much of California may soon look the same way.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:54 pm

If you only enjoyed the first two minutes why'd you watch the whole thing?
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Praise be to the fast forward gods!
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:26 pm

If only life had pause and slo-mo.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:27 pm

And Mute. Don't forget Mute.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:28 pm

What?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie: Atari: Game Over   Movie: Atari: Game Over Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie: Atari: Game Over
Page 1 of 1