Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 11:21 am

Of course it tastes like coffee; it is made from coffee beans. But it doesn't taste at all like the brewed coffee that most people are used to. I have always made that clarification.

Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 26, 2017 1:05 pm

My favorite espresso drink is the Cappuccino:

What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 Image110

Not to be confused with the Alpuccino:

What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 Alppuc10
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 04, 2017 1:53 pm

Trying a new brand today. From Brasserie de Rochefort in Belgium, Trappistes Rochefort 8 is a strong dark ale. Great taste and refreshing, with a very nice, short-lived aftertaste. Must be cautious though, it's 9.2% ABV. I highly recommend this one. I think I will also try their Trappistes Rochefort 10, which is similar and a bit stronger at 11.3% ABV.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 4:43 pm

Henry Weinhard root beer.

I can't do alcohol much anymore.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 5:15 pm

2 Copas. I'm not sure I'd give it a 95 rating, but it is pretty good.

I'm also trying to balance my coffee drinking with more tea, especially in the afternoon and evening. And losing weight and exercising more - this getting old stuff sucks. I have to watch my blood pressure and cholesterol now, so I'm trying to get everything straight before they take away my health insurance.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Good for you. American diet will kill you if you let it.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

The cholesterol doesn't bother me - the total is a bit high, but most of it is good cholesterol. But high blood pressure you have to take seriously. I figure if I lose 20 pounds that'll do it.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 6:47 pm

New Belgium Juicy Watermelon Lime Ale
What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 Hero_2017juicywatermelon

I don't actually taste any watermelon or lime.  It's just a nice smooth light summer ale.  Excellent in fact.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:10 pm

Strongbow Gold Apple Cider. My wife saw it the other day and picked it up. I had never heard of it, and was surprised when an article said that the company has fifteen percent of global cider sales and is the fifth best selling cider in the US.

It is sweet, but not too sweet, which is the way I like ciders. It has a nice tang to it and no alcohol taste at all (it is five percent ABV). Very nice little cider.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Strongbow is probably the best-selling cider in England. I haven't drunk any in many years, but I remember it as being pretty good, and in the same ballpark as beer, alcohol-wise.

My personal favorite, back in the day, was Dry Blackthorn. It was noticeably less sweet than Strongbow and Woodpecker, the two brands that drove the market back then. Apparently, it has had a checkered past since I was drinking it in the 70s.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 pm

richard09 wrote:
Strongbow is probably the best-selling cider in England.

I read an article which said that Strongbow has 29 percent of the UK cider market and has 20 percent of the US cider market.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 3:46 pm

I was deciding to do something productive, and found some more bills that need paying. So I decided I needed something to smooth things out.

Le Prince de Courthézon Côtes du Rhône 2015
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySun Aug 27, 2017 4:20 pm

Quote :
herb scented, velvety black fruit, liquorice and spice.
Ripe raspberry, spiced plum and crushed black pepper aromas
That sounds pretty delicious.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyMon Aug 28, 2017 6:41 am

I wasn't in the mood to savor it properly. But yes, it's pretty good. In general, I like the Rhone wines - Cotes du Rhone, Chateauneuf du Pape, and similar. In a decent year, they all tend to be dark and smooth and tasty. In a good year, they are often really outstanding. It was a Cotes du Rhone from a great year (I can't remember which - 1972 maybe? - somewhere around there) that got me started drinking red wine.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

My new favorite mixed drink: Peach Fresca mixed 3:2 with Naked Mighty Mango juice.

It's thick and creamy yet has the carbonation bite. About 30g sodium and 100 calories per serving.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 2:45 pm

You lost me with Peach Fresca. May have thrown up just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm drinking Corsiero Nero. That should take the nasty taste out of your mouth.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 5:57 pm

I tend to associate chianti with taking dates to cheap Italian restaurants in the 70s, so I haven't tried any in quite a while. But I got a bottle in the last mercy package from Laithwaites, and it's actually pretty good.

Collezione di Paolo Chianti Riserva 2013
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 6:41 pm

_Howard wrote:
You lost me with Peach Fresca. May have thrown up just a little bit.
Cant do alcohol (much).

Can’t do sodium.

Can’t do sugar.

Can’t do dairy.

Options are somewhat limited.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Another wine from Laithwaites that I wouldn't have guessed to try, but it's actually very good: Aluado Alicante Bouschet. The flavor is intensely fruity, and while it's more acid than the Rhone wines I usually like best, I'm really enjoying the combination of the dark flavor with the bite.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 4:03 pm

NoCoPilot wrote:

Cant do alcohol (much).
Can’t do sodium.
Can’t do sugar.
Can’t do dairy.
Options are somewhat limited.

All I can see remaining is water and coconut milk.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Drinking the old favorite today: Firestone Walker DBA.

Significant difference, however. I was given a small refrigerator for my pool room. I have adjusted the temp on the refer to give the best taste to the ale. The normal kitchen refrigerator is several degrees too cold. It's fine for mass-market pilsner and anything with the almost-word "Lite" in the name. You want that crap as cold as you can get it. A good-tasting ale is much. much better when a bit warmer.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Fat Tire Belgian White What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 New-Belgium-Fat-Tire-Belgian-White-Package
It’s a beautifully smooth ale, glides like a lite beer without the nasty aftertaste.  Yet a couple minutes after consuming half of one, you notice the alcohol content.  Bigly.
Back to top Go down
richard09

richard09

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 6:28 pm

I swung by the liquor store to buy a bottle of bourbon, and the guy behind the counter suggested Johnny Drum. I'd never heard of it, but it was relatively cheap, and that particular store has given me some good guidance in the past, so I I went with it.

I'm not as enthusiastic as the review I linked to, but it isn't bad. Really not bad at all. To me, the flavor seems lighter and perhaps sweeter than the bourbons I usually drink. But it is genuinely complex and smooth, and you don't notice the extra degrees proof. I also tried diluting it with just a little Jamaican ginger beer, and the result doesn't taste at all like the usual whisky mac - it's also very complex in flavor, and very interesting to swirl around the tongue, almost floral.

Worth a try, if you're in the mood.
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 EmptySat Feb 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Cascade Citra from Tin City Cider Co. It's blend of cider and rose. Awful stuff. It's only redemption is the 8.5% ABV.

But it does taste better than some ciders that I have heard people rave about and which I greatly dislike.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I'm Drinking Tonight   What I'm Drinking Tonight - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What I'm Drinking Tonight
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next