Yeah. This is new.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Yeah. This is new. Empty
PostSubject: Yeah. This is new.   Yeah. This is new. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:58 pm

I had a post that didn't fit anywhere else, so I created this new forum.
Maybe we can encourage other heathens to troll the site.
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Yeah. This is new. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeah. This is new.   Yeah. This is new. EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 7:06 pm

I like it.

I don't think we'll become Debate Unlimited II, but I have occasionally wished for a place to discuss religion here. I watched a special on Netflix a couple nights ago called The Unbelievers about Richard Dawkins and Laurence Krauss, and their cross-country tour speaking on campuses and debating talk show hosts and Catholic priests. I came to the conclusion that continuing to engage the God-addled was an exercise in stupidity. There just isn't any benefit to helping those poor people into the light.

At lunch today I sat with a friend from work, we share a lot of interests in music. I asked him what his plans were for after retirement, since he too is retiring soon. He said, as a Jehovah's Witness, he'll probably do more door belling. It was all I could do to hold my tongue.

Dawkins is right, religion is the biggest evil in the world today. But on an individual level thats a hard discussion to have.
Back to top Go down

Yeah. This is new.
Page 1 of 1