HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm

_Howard wrote:
And where do any of your highlighted phrases accuse the author of making false statements?
It's all in the interpretation, Howard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:48 pm

I would think that any verifiably false statements would have been called out by Snowden's representative, no matter how one wished to interpret the overall tone of the article.

And I'm not trying to defend the article. I just made a post that I thought might interest someone. Hell, it may be all bullshit as far as I know. I just thought it was interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:14 pm

I read it and I read the interpretations of it. The author had an agenda, one that the original journalists who did the in-depth reporting did not share.

That's enough for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:20 pm

What agendas did the other authors have? Were they somehow superior because they were different? As I said, I just made the post because it might be interesting. I have no interest in defending it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:24 pm

For me the agendas aren't the telling point.  For me it's that this author didn't do any original research.  He just cherry picked quotes from other reporters' research.

The reporters who did the research, who actually interviewed Snowden and Greenwald, came away with a VERY DIFFERENT opinion of Snowden and Greenwald.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Snowden addresses SXSW, claims proposed changes at NSA vindicate his leaks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:34 pm

Manning's name change is complete, hormone therapy not forthcoming

On a related note,
Assange will not be prosecuted
Quote :
The Post, however, said the Justice Department has all but concluded it will not bring charges against Assange, even though a grand jury investigating the massive leak remains impaneled. Government lawyers believed they could not prosecute Assange without also prosecuting U.S. journalists and news outlets that had taken part in leaks, which they were not going to do, the Post said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Mon May 19, 2014 11:54 am

The Supreme Court has agree to hear a whistleblower case. I wonder what the implications will be.

Probably Alito and Thomas hope to close the door on the whistleblower defense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Mon May 19, 2014 3:14 pm

This is the sort of case that previous courts would not have heard, but would have allowed the lower court's verdict to stand. The only reason I can see for SCOTUS to hear this case is so that they can eliminate the whistle blower protection altogether. That's what happened in Citizens United.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Mon May 19, 2014 4:08 pm

We see the same pattern.

Alito and Thomas are frequent guests at the Koch brothers private policy sessions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
_Howard
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Mon May 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Yeah. I've wondered exactly what the party favors are at those gatherings.
Probably not key chains.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
NoCoPilot

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   Fri May 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Half hour interview with Snowden on MSNBC tonight.  I don't know how anybody, after seeing it, could claim Snowden is anything but a whistleblower patriot.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/edward-snowden-interview/snowden-strikes-back-nsa-emails-nbc-news-n118821

The discussion continued online after the broadcast, additional footage there wasn't time to air. I went to the website to view it -- but my NoScript software alerted me to the automatic scripts being launched. More hidden links than I'd ever seen on a website before, must've been close to thirty. Some were obviously user tracking or advertising links, but many were entirely new and mysterious.

In light of Snowden's revelations I thought better of allowing these scripts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?   

Back to top Go down

Bradley Manning: Traitor or Whistleblower?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4