Woodford Reserve

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
richard09

richard09

Woodford Reserve Empty
PostSubject: Woodford Reserve   Woodford Reserve EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:38 pm

About ten years ago, I had enough time and money to make a comparison between various brands of bourbon and decide which ones I liked. The truth of the matter is I like most of them (I never claimed to be a gourmand). But the one I liked best was Woodford Reserve, and that was the one I recommended to Jenni a while back.

Well, I recently felt like re-acquainting myself. And I have to say, I do like it. But at 90 proof, what I find is that sipping a small glass still manages to make me a bit dizzy. I think my alcoholic capacity has gone down the tubes. Perhaps I need more practice.

Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Woodford Reserve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodford Reserve   Woodford Reserve EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 6:46 am

It is true that heavy drinking can lower your susceptibility to it, but it also numbs your taste buds.  

If you're drinking to get drunk you don't need the expensive stuff.

I'm probably a troglodyte when it comes to alcohol. I've tasted single malt scotch and wasn't impressed, I buy whatever rum is on sale because they all taste the same to me, I like Jim Beam (standard) for bourbon but I'll drink anything, for red wine I have tried dozens but keep coming back to Two-Buck Chuck.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Woodford Reserve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodford Reserve   Woodford Reserve EmptyTue Dec 09, 2014 9:41 am

That Woodford Reserve has impressed many a visitor. I greatly enjoy it and still have a lot of gratitude to you for the recommendation.

I get in ruts. In the spring it was cocktails, when summer came I enjoyed the light citrus-y summer beers, and now I'm on a wine kick I guess. I rarely drink the cheap crap unless it honestly tastes better. (sometimes it does I'm a huge fan of Seagram's Escapes Jamican Me Happy)

I found a great little place right around the corner with a couple dudes who know their shit. I just go in and tell them what I'm in the mood for and they find me something that fits. Last week when I was doing a new stir fry recipe I went in for saki. They have a great selection for such a small place and the other day I found out why- they also sell to a number of the area restaurants.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Woodford Reserve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Woodford Reserve   Woodford Reserve Empty

Back to top Go down

Woodford Reserve
Page 1 of 1