Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

When I was a kid, all adult men wore hats. Kids did not wear hats. I looked forward to the day when I could wear a hat and be a real-time grownup man. Then Kennedy didn't wear a hat to his inauguration and the trend faded.

Now, hats are back; well, not hats: baseball caps. When I see kids, or especially adults, walk into a restaurant and leave on their stupid baseball caps, I want to get up and slap the shit out of them.

I realized that old hippies with scraggly gray ponytails are not as cool as they think they are. So, after decades without a haircut, I have been cutting my hair (what there is left of it) really short. I mean boot camp short. Problem: when it's cold outside, my head gets really cold; when it's hot I get sunburned. Solution: Hat! I realized I have one hat, my old bonny hat from Viet Nam, so I dragged it out, cleaned off the dirt and a few stains, and the damn thing still fits. I only wear it at home when I go outside.

Who among you wears a hat? What type of hat and when do you wear it?
Back to top Go down
NoCoPilot

NoCoPilot

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:31 pm

In high school i displayed my individualism by wearing a hat -- a tweed dress hat. I'm sure it has a more formal name.
Hats? Anyone? BuyIrishTweedHat
I still have it but never wear it anymore. It messes up my hair.

These days most men who wear hats wear hats to cover up their baldness. Like my father I still have a full head of hair.

Last edited by NoCoPilot on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
_Howard
Admin
_Howard

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:34 pm

You wore a tweed hat in high school? That's just wrong!
I still have a full head of hair, it's just distributed all over my body, leaving the top bit lacking somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Admin
Jenni

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:54 pm

When I was 16 I had a pretty, burgundy, wide-brim hat with a black lace bow with tails that hung down. It was tres 80's.
A boyfriend and I broke down in NOLA and when we took the bus back we assumed the car would follow shortly. I left the hat in the back. By the time we got it back fixed and all the hat was gone.
I have not had one since simply because I never found anything else that felt right. But my friend who gave me the iPod knits and so I get knit hats to keep me warm. Mostly I give them to Ben because I don't like yarn but that last one was a pretty cerulean blue so I kept it. I was thinking the other day it was time for another hat.

Ben wears the knit caps to keep his little bald head warm but during the summer he also wears do rags. Has to or the sweat would get all over whatever windshield he is installing.
My grandad used to wear one of these style hats which I always thought was for boys not men. Course I never would have said that but I always thought it odd.

Down here in the south you get men who keep a baseball cap on, even shower with it in some cases. I hate that. I find it a stinky and juvenile habit. What you really say when you act like that is that I can't take you anywhere that cap isn't appropriate.
Back to top Go down
https://unintelligibledebate.forumotion.com
richard09

richard09

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 pm

I have a nice Borsalino, but I rarely wear it because people in New York inevitably assume I'm Jewish. Most of the time I wear a baseball cap, but only when I'm out, not indoors. The bald head needs cover, not for shame, but for protection from cold in winter and sun in summer. Sunburn on top of your head is not fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hats? Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hats? Anyone?   Hats? Anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hats? Anyone?
Page 1 of 1